|Looking a tad burnt here, but I assure you it doesn't taste it!|
|You can see the bits of lemon rind in this pic!|
1. Beat 170g each of sugar and butter.
2. Wisk in 3 eggs (each individually).
3. Gradually mix in 170g of self raising flour.
4. Grate the rind of one lemon into the mix.
5. Line a 1lb loaf tin with baking paper and fill with the mix.
6. Bake on 180c/Gas 4 for 35 to 45 mins (keep checking it as the time really fluctuates depending on your oven).
7. Whilst in the oven add sugar to the lemon's juice to form the drizzle, as thick or as thin as you like.
8. Pour the drizzle over as soon as you take it out of the oven. Some people like to poke the cake a few time with a knife or something so that the drizzle goes down through well.
9. Enjoy :)
This really is such a simple cake to make, and yet so delicious. Let me know if you give it a go.
Btw, this is the first time I've posted using Instagram pics, not really sure about them to be honest, they seem to look much better when other people post them!